WARRANTY & CARE
We recommend that for trouble free operation and longevity of your camper that you:
- Open your camper after rain to inspect for water ingress or intrusion due to a seal that has not been seated or closed correctly.
- Clean the Trailer with mild soapy solution and warm water, and rinse with fresh clean water and make sure all canvas is dry before storage. Never pack up a wet tent and leave for a period greater than 1 day before drying out, this will help prevent mould and mildew.
- Lubricate hardware with silicone spray (or similar) do not use grease or similar product as this attracts dust and dirt and accelerate wear.
- Clean the outside of the trailer and apply a good quality automotive polish. In addition to making it look great, the polish will help protect the paint and prevent it fading.
- Be beware of the use of pressure washers, these are often powerful and can direct spray under trim and damage bodyworks, stickers and seals.
- Because your trailer often stands in one place for long periods this can cause your tyres walls and inside the treads to crack. Keeping the wheels regularly turned, placing on tyre-saving devices or lifting off the ground helps to cut down the cracking process.
- Check your fire extinguisher charge regularly (at least annually).
- When camping near the beach or ocean remember to wash your Trailer and wheel rims regularly with a mild detergent to prevent corrosion and rust.
- When travelling in dusty conditions ensure you travel at a speed to minimise dust intrusion.
- Ensure Aircon Vents are closed or properly taped up and sealed before travel on Dusty roads or water crossing (must be untapped or open before using appliance) Also taping of all exterior keylocks and switches and water fillers is highly recommended. A cloth backed tape is recommended.
- Inspect all seals regularly and ensure there is no damage and that the adjustment is set correctly as the seals will need adjusting as required. This is the responsibility of the owner to ensure the seals are correctly adjusted for maximum seal performance.
- Travel at a speed to suit conditions. Limit speed over corrugations, lower tyre pressures and take frequent stops to allow shockers to cool.
- Ensure that your trailer is regularly serviced by a trained and competent person as per our Maintenance Schedule.
- Over the summer/wet season open and air your camper monthly to prevent moisture build up due to the humidity.
- Once a month run a charge cycle through your batteries as this will prolong battery life
Sahara Trailers are proud to stand behind their products and we offer a twelve month warranty on our trailers.
At the time of purchase of a Sahara Trailer product you will be provided with a warranty document setting out in full the terms of the warranty along with a recommended servicing schedule.
The following information is to be read in addition to the warranty terms and does not replace or otherwise affect the warranty terms. Should you have any questions relating to our warranties please contact Sahara Trailers and we will be able to provide you with a copy of the full warranty terms and answer any of your questions.
By purchasing an item from Sahara Trailers, you agree to the terms and conditions of our warranty set out below or contained within the warranty document terms.
- SUV Camper Trailers have a 12 Months Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty which commences on the original date of purchase.
- Warranties are only valid to the original purchaser of the item in question and are valid from the original date of purchase only.
- Warranties apply only to items sold as “new” and do not extend to any items sold via auction, or deemed to be “factory seconds”, “ex-demonstration” or “damaged” unless specifically stated otherwise in writing. (Please see further on this page for more information).
- Warranties are not transferable under any circumstances. Similarly, if an item is sold to a third party by the original purchaser, then all warranties become null and void, and the original purchaser shall make no claims or be eligible for any claims on behalf of the new owner.
- Warranties do not apply to products purchased from Sahara Trailers and then used in hire schemes or as rentals.
- Sahara Trailers does not cover damage due to unauthorized modifications, misuse, abuse, incorrect assembly, improper and irregular maintenance, or accident or collision.
- Any work performed under an authorised warranty claim approved by Sahara Trailers must be performed by Sahara Trailers, or an authorized representative of Sahara Trailers and only with the express written permission of Sahara Trailers.
- Any affiliates, representatives, associates, agents, suppliers, resellers or similar of Sahara Trailers shall have no authority to authorise or deny warranty claims on behalf of Sahara Trailers.
- Sahara Trailers shall not be liable, (in part or whole) for any warranties, either express or implied, made by agents or resellers on behalf of Sahara Trailers without the knowledge or express written permission of Sahara Trailers. Such unauthorised claims shall be the responsibility of the agent or reseller only.
- Tents are guaranteed to be in new merchantable condition at the time of purchase. A limited manufacturer’s warranty period of 12 Months applies.
Items not covered under warranty include:
- Commercial usage, including hire or rental schemes
- Rust and Corrosion
- Wheels and Tyres
- Travel Covers and Straps
- General consumables (eg bearings, light bulbs etc)
- Zips and mesh or screens are not covered.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law.
You are also entitled to have the goods repaired if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
In addition to Sahara Trailers warranty, the consumer may also be covered by other rights and remedies of Australian Consumer Law in relation to the goods and or services to which this warranty relates.
Seconds, Ex-Demonstration and Damaged Goods
From time to time, Sahara Trailers may offer for sale items deemed to be “factory seconds”, “ex-demonstration”, or “damaged”. Any items sold as “factory seconds”, “ex-demonstration” or “damaged” items are sold on an “as is” basis and without the benefit of our manufacturer’s warranty.
There are no warranties, refunds, credits, exchanges or similar associated with such items. In the sale of such items, Sahara Trailers will attempt to provide all relevant information regarding the item, including faults, defects, or similar, however, there may be instances where minor defects or imperfections have been overlooked.
Due to the nature of such items, i.e being “ex-demonstration”, “factory seconds” or “damaged”, it is reasonable to expect that some imperfections or flaws may exist even where it is not initially apparent. By purchasing such an item, you agree to this statement in full and accept that there are no warranties implied or expressed.
Making a warranty claim
Should you experience difficulties with your trailer which is covered by warranty please contact Sahara Trailers by completing the Warranty Form on the website and submit,or phone or email.
1300 788 222